Top Tip for May 2018
Posted on 14th May 2018 at 14:21
How to Clean Laminate Flooring
Laminate floors are made out of wood composite (materials like sawdust pressed together) but looks just like solid hardwood flooring. Plus, it's often cheaper, easier to install, and comes with a clear protective layer on top.
But it still requires regular care. Take your shoes off as soon as you come through the door! This simple act goes a long way to eliminating virtually all tracked-in dirt that can wreak havoc on a laminate floor finish.
Dirt and grit are abrasive and over time these particles leave behind fine scratches that make your floors look dull.
Stock up on these essentials - both readily available from Amazon:
• Microfiber mop
• Method All Surface Eco Lemon and Ginger Floor Cleaner
1. Regularly run a vacuum over the surface to remove dirt and debris from cracks and crevices. If you only have an upright model, turn off the rotating brush to keep the bristles from scratching your floors. Work your way around the floor, cleaning one area at a time.
2. Every week, damp-mop (with your microfibre mop) the floor for a more thorough clean, using a specialty cleaner, such as Method All Surface Eco Lemon and Ginger Floor Cleaner . Tip: keep the mop damp, not wet, so you don't oversaturate the floor. Your microfibre mop head can be put into the washing machine to clean after each use.
3. To prevent damage, do not polish or wax a laminate floor. Also, don't use abrasive cleaners or scouring powder. They have the potential to scratch the floor and damage the protective finish.
4. You can always dry dust your floor mid clean with a dry microfibre mop - this picks up all the dust . You'll be suprised how much dust gathers on your floor during the day, especially if you have a dog or cat at home.
5. If you have extensive laminate flooring throughout your house you may want to invest in a 'Bona Tile & Laminate Spray Mop Kit' - available from Amazon. This willl enable you to maintain and clean your floors very quickly - just spray and clean. It drys rapidly an re-fills are available on line. It is ergonomic and simple to use - I can highly recommend it!
Tagged as: Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Share this post: