Top Tip for March
Posted on 27th March 2018 at 14:23
Cleaning blinds is a laborious task that requires time and patience, especially when it comes to cleaning the outside of them which is hard to access. To keep them in good condition, follow these steps and use them regularly, and frequently wipe your blinds to keep them looking like new.
Steps to follow:
• First, consider what material your venetian blinds are made of. This way you can use the right product to keep them in perfect condition. If you're not sure, ask at the store where you plan to buy the cleaning product to avoid damaging the material and keep it for longer.
• Before cleaning your blinds, first use a hoover or hairdrier to remove all the dust this will avoid a lot of work and effort later. It helps to close them to get the worst of the initial dust off both sides.
• Wipe your blinds with a wet cloth, provided the material is not damaged by water (such as wooden Venetian blinds). Do not let them dry by themselves, dry them with a soft cloth. This way there won't be any spots and they will remain a vision of absolute cleanliness.
• The hardest part is to clean the exterior. First, be careful because you can hurt yourself. Lower them as much as possible and clean the outside with a cloth on a long stick. Go down and up the blinds to cover as much area as possible.
• When you have cleaned the inside of the blinds it will be much easier. Apply a proper cleaning product with a cloth. Wipe down the blind slowly. Then before drawing it back up it, dry it well and continue cleaning and drying so no spots or traces will remain.
• If you want a more thorough clean you can wash your venetian blind in a bathtub. You'll only need to put down the blinds and soak them for fifteen minutes in a bathtub full of lukewarm water and the correct cleaning product.
• Make sure the blinds are perfectly extended in the tub and do not bend. After 15 minutes, scrub down any dirt that may still remain on the blinds carefully with a soft bristle brush. Turn them around and repeat on the other side.
• Now it's time to drain the water and rinse both sides of your venetian blinds with the shower. Let them dry by placing the blinds sideways and turn them around after a short time to make sure there is no water left on any of the sides.
Dry completely with a towel or cloth and hang them back up again!
• Ask a specialist for advice.
• If you find it very difficult, contact a professional to clean them for you.
Tagged as: Cleaning Blinds
Share this post: